Answer the following questions. (Ответьте на следующие вопросы.)
EXAMPLE: Do you want to have some wine? (Long-negative)
No, I don’t want to have any wine.
Does your brother have any money? (short-positive)
Yes, he does.
1. Do you want to eat some fish? (long-negative)
2. Is there a book on the table? (short-positive)
3. Are there any eggs at home? (short-negative)
4. Are there any vegetables in the refrigerator? (short-positive)
5. Is there a book in the kitchen? (long-negative)
D. 1. No, I don’t want to eat any fish. 2. Yes, there is. 3. No, there aren’t. 4. Yes, there are. 5. No, there isn’t a book in the kitchen.
Напишите следующие глаголы в форме 3 л. ед. ч. Прочитай те их вслух. Значение и произношение незнакомых слов найдите в ело варе и постарайтесь запомнить.
Образец: to get – he gets
a) То work, to look, to walk, to pack, to sit, to put, to light, to fight, to stop, to sleep, to puff, to bluff, to cough, to laugh, to bath, to link, to ink.
To take, to make, to like, to bite, to write, to invite, to pipe, to type, to hope, to cope.
b) To learn, to turn, to plan, to sum, to calm, to seem, to boil, to spoil, to spell, to smell, to ring, to bring, to sing, to rob, to stab, to beg, to nag, to flog, to bid, to load, to forbid, to plead, to mouth.
To dine, to fine, to phone, to come, to smile, to stale, to robe, to describe, to ride, to bide, to decide, to live, to love, to leave, to bathe, to loathe.
c) To pay. to play, to stay, to see, to agree, to foresee, to show, to snow, to boo, to taboo, to ski, to stew, to sue, to construe, to ensue, to tiptoe, to tie, to lie, to die. to ensure, to cure, to lure.
d) To study, to try, to dry, to steady, to fly, to spy, to dirty, to embody, to pity, to go, to echo.
e) To pass, to miss, to cross, to push, to brush, to fish, to leash, to reach, to teach, to lunch, to search, to catch, to match, to watch, to fetch, to mix, to fix, to box, to relax, to buzz, to waltz.
To dance, to place, to face, to slice, to promise, to practise, to please, to advise, to close, to seize, to freeze, to breeze, to stage, to cage, to emerge, to bridge, to sledge.
Произнесите каждое из следующих предложений вслух по 2 – 3 раза.
(A) 1. We learn English. 2. They live in Moscow. 3. I see them every day. 4. You always look too serious. 5. I know them very well. 6. We speak English in class. 7. They advise me do see the doctor. 8. You know the answer well enough. 9. Cats catch rats. 10. They never remember my name. 11. You miss too many lectures. 12. They often go to the pictures in Sundays. 13. I can do it easily. 14. They are good students.
(B) 1. She looks pale today. 2. He lives abroad. 3. He learns to skate. 4. It snows heavily this month. 5. He works at this office. 6. She still goes to school. 7. She dances very well. 8. He teaches French. 9. He misses a lot of classes. 10. She promises not to be late. 11. The teacher advises us to do this exercise. 12. The shop closes at seven o’clock. 13. It often freezes at night now. 14. He stages two plays a year. 15. She must be off now. 16. He is quite well off. 17. She can stay here.
Заполните пропуски правильными формами Present Simple глаголов на полях.
1. I … that he … your friend. to know, to be
2. He … to do something himself. to want
3. He … that you … him. and that he only … to say, to know
for a short conversation. to ask
4. Now he … tell you what you … do. can, must
5. This thing … the flies out. We all … flies. to keep, to hate
6. She … she … do it. to believe, can
7. Actions … louder than words. to speak
8. It … like raining. to say, to know to look
Расскажите, что вы или кто-нибудь из ваших друзей делаете дома, на работе, на занятиях, во время отдыха и т. п.
Сделайте следующие предложения вопросительными и отрицательными.
Образец 1: They live in the North.
Do they live in the North?
They don’t live in the North.
1. They speak English in class. 2. I know the answer 3. My friends advise Jack to do the job at once. 4. The Smiths arrive in the evening. 5. We have breakfast at night. 6. I envy you. 7. Jack and Tom play soccer very well. 8. They live in the country. 9. We often see them at the theatre. 10. I understand you.
Образец 2: She comes home early.
Does she come home early?
She doesn’t come home early.
1. Phil lives round here. 2. Mary gets home at about eight. 3. She often phones me in the evening. 4. After hard work he likes to read science fiction. 5. She teaches them French. 6. John sets off very early. 7. Kitty understands everything. 8. The weather keeps fine. 9. He studies a lot of subjects. 10. Their dog barks all night long.
Образец 3: He is our friend.
Is he our friend?
He is not our friend.
1. We are your neighbours. 2. The story is strange. 3. You are an honest man. 4. Mary and Ann are great friends. 5. I am sorry for the lad. 6. All their children are in poor health. 7. That is the end of the story. 8. We are at home. 9. She is a beauty. 10. His parents are abroad now. 11. 1 am Martin’s wife.
Образец 4: I must do it now.
Must I do it now?
I must not do it now.
I. Mary must do the rooms in the morning. 2. His friends can play tennis very well. 3. Tom can tell you all about the matter. 4. I must get up at once. 5. I can come back very late. 6. We can do it right now. 7. This book can give you a full answer to your question. 8. The boy must be very careful.
Составьте общие вопросы со следующими глаголами и задайте их вашим коллегам.
То live, to write, to have, to spend, to see, to study, to work, to know, to speak, to love, to be, can, must.
Образец: Do you know the rule?
Does he like court games?
Can you /he skate?
Are you a student?
Прочитайте предложения вслух, прокомментируйте значение и употребление выделенных форм Present Simple. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Nobody comes here now. 2. “Try my cigar.” “Thank you. I prefer a pipe”. 3. This book only costs three shillings. 4. A cat in gloves catches no mice. 5. You’re a wonderful woman, Mary. You never lose temper with your children. 6. Time is money. 7. He hangs up the receiver and leaves the box. 8. Life has its ups and downs. 9. His speeches sometimes annoy me immensely. 10. The atmosphere of the earth contains far more oxygen than does Mars. 11. Everybody tries to escape from town in the summer. 12. We all take a beating every day. you know, one way or another. 13. The door opens inside. 14. They go down the escalator and arrive on the platform. 15. As a rule they leave my place at about four o’clock. 16. A good beginning makes a good ending. 17. She does things nicely and charges very little. 18. He speaks three languages. 19. I accept your explanation 20. I tell you you’re quite wrong about your wife.
Дайте полные ответы на вопросы.
1. When does your train arrive in Moscow?
2. What time does the show begin?
3. Which of the tourist groups sets off tomorrow?
4. Who arrives nest week?
5. When does your husband return from his business trip?
6. Which of your friends leaves the day after tomorrow?
7. Don’t you remember which hotel we stop at in London?
8. What time does the sun set tomorrow?
9. When does the next game begin?
10. Which of the expeditions returns first?
Переведите предложения на английский язык, употребляя, где возможно, Present Simple.
1. В следующую среду мои лучшие друзья навсегда уезжают отсюда. 2. Насколько я знаю. Джон возвращается через две недели. 3.Когда приезжают твои гости? 4. Следующая туристическая группа прибывает в воскресенье вечером. 5. Скажи пожалуйста, ведь четвертого будет воскресенье, да? 6. Когда прибывает их паром? 7.Согласно плану, мы отправляемся завтра, прибываем на место назначения послезавтра утром, живем там три дня, осматриваем достопримечательности и затем возвращаемся назад. 8. Конференция открывается в 12 часов. 9. В какое время отходит твой поезд? 10. Их паром отплывает рано утром.
Заполните пропуски правильными формами глаголов в скобках.
1. Don’t come in till I … you. (to tell)
2. If he … , tell him I’m not in. (to call)
3. Read the article as soon as you … the journal, (to get)
4. How long must I wait for them if they … in time? (not to come)
5. The knife is very sharp, you can cut your finger if you … careful enough, (not to be)
6. What must we do when we … into the house? (to get)
7. You must put everything in order before we … back, (to come)
8. Wait a minute while I … ready, (to get)
9. If you … him tonight, tell him all you know about the accident. (to see)
10. Have some hot milk before you … to bed. (to go)